Back to XP (and Mac OSX)
Monday, January 14, 2008
I've decided I've watched my poor little laptop strain through loading and running the Windows Vista operating system one too many times. I've rolled back my work machine's OS to Windows XP and have embraced Mac OS X at home.
It's not like I'm mapping the human genome (that's completed now, right?) or anything. Running SQL Server, Visual Studio and other development tools should not bring a machine to it's knees. Running Windows XP, I feel like is a lot more stable (and supported). Running WindowBlinds, I can even make my Windows experiece mock that of the Mac.
At home, my photo work flow and creative endeavors are handled by an iMac G5. It's a lean 1.8 GHz processor and 2 GB RAM and runs the newest Mac OS X (Leopard) with ease.
Posted byEric at 10:32 AM
0 comments:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)